It’s hard to believe another week has flown by and that I now only have 3 weeks left of school. Three! Where in the world did this school year go? Don’t get me wrong, I cannot wait for summer to arrive, but I just can’t get over the fact that I am practically finished with half of my grad school program already.
I think it’s safe to say that spring has officially sprung here, and I have been enjoying the lovely weather as much as I can. And the beautiful, blossoming trees that are all around!
In other news, this past week I was nominated for a Liebster Award by a fellow blogger Melissa, (thanks Melissa!) so today I wanted to share with you the survey that goes along with it! The Liebster Award is essentially used as a way to discover new blogs, and help blogs gain exposure. It’s also a great way to learn more about the people behind their blogs too! Melissa’s blog, Films, Food, and Beer, is always a fun read and full of super yummy foods. You should head on over and check it out if you haven’t been there already!
So here is how the Liebster Award works. After receiving a nomination, the blogger must:
- Acknowledge the nominating blogger.
- Share 11 random facts about yourself.
- Answer 11 questions the nominating blogger has created for you.
- List 11 bloggers who have less than 200 followers (as far as you can tell!). They should be bloggers that you believe deserve some recognition and a little blogging love!
- Post 11 questions for the bloggers that you nominated to answer.
- Let all of the bloggers that you have chosen know you have nominated them.
So here goes nothing!
11 Random Facts:
1. One of my all-time favorite songs is Wedding Bell Blues by The 5th Dimension. I know my obsession started back in the day when I was watching the movie My Girl. One of the best scenes in the movie is when Vada cranks up the volume, flops on her bed holding a picture of her beloved teacher Mr. Bixler, and belts out the words to Wedding Bell Blues. Ahh nostalgia.
2. If I could only bring 5 items with me on a desert island, #1 would be my toothbrush. What would #2 be, you might ask? Yep, I’d bring a back-up toothbrush. What can I say, I’ve got a thing for dental hygiene. See proof below. It’s a picture of a poster that’s in my room.
3. Cardigans are without a doubt the greatest article of clothing ever made. Think layers people. I love me some layers.
4. I never paint my fingernails, only my toenails.
5. I love cats. My family had two of the most amazing kitties for almost 16 years. Sasha and Rissa, hope you are enjoying each other’s company in kitty heaven!
6. I enjoy photography, especially taking pictures of flowers in my Mother’s garden. So beautiful!
7. I go to bed laying on my stomach, and without fail I wake up on my back. Apparently sleeping on your back is the best for your body, so I’m glad I can at least end the night right.
8. My favorite chapstick at the moment is C.O. Bigelow’s Rose Salve. Silky smooth lips with a bit of shine.
9. Senior year of college my two best friends and I went on a spring break trip to San Diego and went kayaking in the ocean. It was probably the most adventurous thing I’ve ever done!
10. Depending on how often you read this blog this may or may not be a random fact, but I eat a banana almost everyday for breakfast. I’m talking every. single. day. If I don’t have a banana awaiting me in my fruit basket when I get up in the morning, my whole day’s bound to be ruined. I guess that’s a bit of an exaggeration…But not really.
11. I wear my watch on my right arm…and I’m right handed. Apparently that makes me the weird one.
11 Questions from Melissa:
1. What’s your favorite pick-me-up movie? (if you aren’t a movie person, what’s your cheer-up routine?)
I’m not sure about which movie, but the tv show Gilmore Girls is always my go-to show to get me out of a funk. Love it! Babette ate oatmeal. ‘Nuff said.
2. What achievement of yours are you most proud of?
I got into my grad school program of choice, and then made the big and somewhat scary decision to move across the country to attend it. I moved from Wisconsin to NYC, and it was totally worth it!
3. If you could travel anywhere for a month-long vacation, where would you go?
Italy! And this summer I’m lucky enough to make this travel dream come true! Although I’m getting credit for a course while studying abroad and conducting some research, we’ll be eating our hearts out along the way and I’m sure it’ll seem like a vacation just as much as it is school.
4. What’s one of your favorite quotes?
“I want you to be ‘dancing through the woods crazy’ happy.”-Lorelai Gilmore
5. Do you sleep in the dark or do you like to have a light on?
Darkness all the way.
6. Do you collect anything?
I don’t really collect anything at the moment, but when I was younger I had a mean gum wrapper and sticker collection.
7. What’s the best piece of advice you’ve ever received?
My parents have always told me to “Just do the best you can, that’s all anyone can ever ask.” I am a hardworking, motivated, and dedicated individual in all I do, and at times can put a lot of pressure on myself. Obviously it can be great to have these tendencies to a certain extent, there’s nothing wrong with striving to make things better, but there is also something to say for doing the best you can, calling it a day and being happy with that. Balance is key, my friends!
8. If could time travel, which decade would you choose to live in?
The 1950’s. I love the movie Grease, and I’d love to live in the decade where the movie was set and see how different life was compared to today. Diners, sock hops, and poodle skirts. Awesome.
9. What is your favorite type of cuisine?
Vegetarian! Give me some fruit, vegetables, whole grains, nuts and legumes and I’m good to go. Vegetarian cuisine has endless options, and I love trying new foods whenever I come across them!
10. What is a fitness goal you have (can be long or short-term)?
To sign up for a group fitness class for the summer. I’d love to take another zumba class. I love zumba!
11. If you could compete at the Olympics, which sport would you choose?
Figure skating. I was obsessed with Michelle Kwan when I was little. I remember the year my parents let me stay up until like 10:00pm to watch her routine in the olympics, it was awesome! Except for the fact that she was robbed by the judges and only won the silver. But that’s neither here nor there. I’d be a figure skater all the way. Then I could say things like “oh yeah, I do triple lutzes and double salchows all the time.” No big deal.
11 Bloggers I nominate:
Disclaimer: I’m not really sure how to tell the number of followers you have, but the reason I’ve nominated your blog is because I’ve had fun perusing it thus far and would love to get to know you a bit more! There’s no pressure to join in on the survey if you don’t want to, but if you’d like to participate the more the merrier!
1. Meghan @ Clean Eats, Fast Feets
2. Lisa @ Lisa Lately
3. Michelle @ Peachy Palate
4. Liv @ Liv Lives Life
5. Maria @ Sinfully Nutritious
6. Sunnie @ Modern Girl Nutrition
7. Holley @ Versatile Vegan
8. Sammy @ An Ode To Mung Beans
9. Sheila @ Tea, A Drink with Jam & Bread
10. PoPpy @ Persistence Over Perfection
11. Liz @ I Heart Vegetables
11 Questions from me:
1. What is your all-time favorite meal?
2. What is one of your favorite family traditions?
3. If you had $1,000 dollars to spend on anything, what would you buy?
4. If you could travel to any country in the world, where would you go?
5. What is your dream career?
6. Milk or dark chocolate?
7. What is the best book you’ve read recently?
8. What is a blogging goal you have for yourself and your blog for the next year?
9. If you could be a fly on the wall for any significant historical moment, which would it be and why?
10. Are you a morning person or night person?
11. What summer plans are you most looking forward to?
Go ahead ladies, answer any of these questions or any of the questions I answered above!
With ripe, succulent, juicy pears,